page 7 Advice from a Mermaid

While on a road trip with my mother last year, we stopped into a gas station restroom.  They had the most beautiful white linen like paper towels in their dispenser that I put one in my purse to paint on later.  It was like painting on canvas!  I covered the book pages with the whole sheet of paper towel and then painted on it like I had stretched canvas on the surface.  It really made a nice creamy surface.  I also attached a pocket I found in a library book that was being thrown away.  I love how librarians over time have dialed the date on those little date stamps and meticulously recorded every time a student borrowed a book from the library.  The pocket dates go back to October 1966 (a little over a year after I was born) and the card goes back to February 1984!  (about four months before I graduated from high school!!!)  So many hands have touched those two pieces of paper!

I use the tags to hold mermaid stamps that happen to "swim" my way.

Advice from a Mermaid

Get Your Tail to the Beach
Be Shore of Yourself
Don't get Tide Down
Make Waves
Catch a Sea Breeze
Avoid Pier Pressure
Always Sea Life's Beauty
Come Out of Your Shell
Take Time to Coast
Keep the Beaches Clean...
Its my home sweet home!

I think that is pretty sound advice!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page