page 7 Advice from a Mermaid

While on a road trip with my mother last year, we stopped into a gas station restroom.  They had the most beautiful white linen like paper towels in their dispenser that I put one in my purse to paint on later.  It was like painting on canvas!  I covered the book pages with the whole sheet of paper towel and then painted on it like I had stretched canvas on the surface.  It really made a nice creamy surface.  I also attached a pocket I found in a library book that was being thrown away.  I love how librarians over time have dialed the date on those little date stamps and meticulously recorded every time a student borrowed a book from the library.  The pocket dates go back to October 1966 (a little over a year after I was born) and the card goes back to February 1984!  (about four months before I graduated from high school!!!)  So many hands have touched those two pieces of paper!

I use the tags to hold mermaid stamps that happen to "swim" my way.

Advice from a Mermaid

Get Your Tail to the Beach
Be Shore of Yourself
Don't get Tide Down
Make Waves
Catch a Sea Breeze
Avoid Pier Pressure
Always Sea Life's Beauty
Come Out of Your Shell
Take Time to Coast
Keep the Beaches Clean...
Its my home sweet home!

I think that is pretty sound advice!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alphabet soup!

It's OK to put it all in there!

She guarded it as if her life depended on it.