Page 3 Atlantis has no boundaries

Atlantis has no boundaries.  This is true for both the oceans and mermaids.  There are fish in the sea that swim the globe in migration patterns all year long!  They literally own the planet!  They have the freedom to explore all of it's watery ways!  Mermaids have no boundaries either.  They are not controlled by human morals or values.  Their way of life actually comes in conflict with Humanity's approach.  (of course this is all conjecture!)  I think of them as being the emotional equivalent to a 9 year old happy little girl.  They share what they have and take what they want.  As long as they are playing well together, they live in tribes.  When they cant, they go off by themselves.  I found this quote; "Reasons to be a mermaid: Great Hair, Don't have to wear pants, Lure men to their deaths, Free Clam bra" on the Internet somewhere.  Such an odd juxtaposition of reasons and they sound totally equal to each other.

For this page, I used some cellophane wrapping I received on a gift.  It had great underwater stickers on it. In my many swaps, I gathered packaging from a laundry sent pack that had an octopus on it (its on the left side.) a rubber stamp image of a mermaid, (also on the left) and an amazing etching by one of my swap partners named Eloise Phips.  (the mermaid on the right.)  I have never learned how to do etching so this was a welcome surprise!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page