page 12 Hidden Treasures!



Here is another transparent page.  I found this great cover on the local magazine in Galveston.  I took about 5 copies of it!!!  Who ever painted her did a wonderful job and the magazine didn't mess it up with a lot of writing!  This page is about a wonderful hobby called "Letterboxing".  I have been letterboxing since bout 2009.  I came across it when reading one of my partner's profiles on swap-bot.com.  (I know...I love that site!  you meet some really interesting people!!)  I looked it up and found two other sites that were wonderful called Atlasquest.com and letterboxing.org.  the better site is Atlasquest because it is really maintained well.  I haven't met a "boxer" yet who was creepy or dangerous, but still be careful doing things online.  The concept is amazing.  You go to the site, find a letterox in your area.  follow the clues and more often than not, you will find a box.  (I know quite a few of you are familiar with geotrashing...I mean geocaching.  it is not the same thing.)  Letterboxing does not require GPS and will take you directly to the box if you follow the clues correctly and no one has stolen it.  

Inside the box: you should find a hand carved rubber stamp (and sometimes they are really amazing!!)
you usually find a journal wrapped in plastic to keep it dry.

here is what your do:  stamp the stamp into your journal (you will need to bring a stamp pad with you along with a book with drawing paper.)
You will then stamp your signature stamp into the journal in the box. (yep, you are going to have to carve a little stamp that represents you.  Its really easy just look on you tube.  A pink erasure works really well for a rubber stamp!) Or, put your thumbprint if you haven't carved your signature stamp yet.
Next...and this is REALLY IMPORTANT, put the stuff back in the bag, back in the box, close very well and re hide it exactly where the clues say you should have found it.  Don't let anyone see you so that it doesn't get taken by mistake.
My trail name is Seamaid.  you can find me on atlasquest and you can see where I have hidden my letterboxes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page