page 11 There is beauty even in death

I have already talked about the passing of my mentor, Donna Rae Harris.  I had the great privilege of knowing her even in my adult life.  She was my high school teacher.  I pretty much do in my class what she taught me in her class.  She made herself a bridge for the young artist in her classes to become adult artist after they graduated.  Every time I went to her home to visit, there were students who still visited her from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's!  She loved us all and we loved her back.  We are her legacy.  I am grateful to her family for letting me be there at her passing.  She was in and out while I got to sit with her.  The last time she woke up while I was there, she was sort of surprised and said "thank you for being here...Next time, I'll do something for you!"  I laughed and told her that she already had done something for me and that was why I was sitting there.  She was 92 years old and still doing art!  It was very generous of her daughters to embrace me into their family.  I have another page in another book dedicated to her that will have more details.

This page used a "sink" painting.  It looked like jellyfish!  I tore several out to be separate jellyfish and wrote on the back of each.  I love you, Donna Rae! And I miss you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page