Lost at Sea

It is with some trepidation that I show you my latest altered book.  This is one of three that I have been working on for the past two years.  They don't happen in an instant.  You have to find imagery and ideas as they unfold.  There is a whole lot of honesty and just a little truth in this book.  Let me say that I have never believed that mermaids are real.  I love the idea of mermaids because they represent innocence and pure humanity.  They represent nature and man.  Sometimes the flow of this book will make sense and sometimes it won't.  At first, I thought doing a mermaid book would end up being a little "corny".  I am really happy with the direction that it went.  I never intended the book's title to be what the book was about but, for some reason, in all three instances, the title pushed itself to the surface of the pages and that is what influenced each of my three books.  In this case, the only altering of the cover is marking out the original author's name.  I love how the mermaid looks to be rising from the surface of the ocean and how the arms are outthrust, in hopes that she will save him.  "Lost at Sea" is such a tragic sounding title.  I can not imagine too many things that could be more hopeless than to be lost at sea.  I am still painting the last page.  I plan to put each page up as the "story" unfolds.  Hopefully, I will have the last page finished by the time I get to it's blog day!!  Hope you enjoy the ride!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page