Life Guard

Miah is my youngest niece.  She is so helpful, smart, gracious and also knows her own mind.  I carved this stamp for her.  She is helping a baby manatee get away from a boat propeller.  It is unfortunate there are only eight of these prints.  I was testing this block and then washed it so that I could print the rest later that day.  One of my students saw it on the counter and for what ever reason, picked up the carving tool and started carving across the surface of the design.  For the life of me, I will never understand her motivation.  She wasn't holding a grudge and actually liked me...I think it was just a self centeredness that made her not even care that she was destroying something someone else had made.  I don't even know if she knew it was mine.  I think she just wanted to try out the tool and see how the rubber block felt when you carve on it.  I was so pissed! and I could do nothing about it because I couldn't prove she did it even though there were witnesses.  

I love the perspective of this design.  I love the negative/positive transition of the kelp.  I love the little clams on the sandy bottom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page