Houston Ship Chanel Mermaid

Obviously, after carving so many mermaid blocks, I now had a "collection" of mermaid prints.  I started looking on etsy.com to see if others were also making mermaid prints.  There they were!  One artist even made a mermaid print called "Mermaid on the Mississippi" and the mermaid was in the shape of the bend in Louisiana!  Very clever!  I couldn't let Our Houston Ship Channel go un-represented!  So, our mermaid represents our cowboy industrial spirit.  She was a fun one to do.  I'm especially proud of the bandana designs on her tail and bra.  I also love my two container ships.  There is nothing romantic about them at all!

Just a little side note: The seagulls are there to remind me to throw the bread out further when riding the bolivar ferry.  I once got poop in my face feeding the gulls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's OK to put it all in there!

She guarded it as if her life depended on it.

Alphabet soup!