Houston Ship Chanel Mermaid

Obviously, after carving so many mermaid blocks, I now had a "collection" of mermaid prints.  I started looking on etsy.com to see if others were also making mermaid prints.  There they were!  One artist even made a mermaid print called "Mermaid on the Mississippi" and the mermaid was in the shape of the bend in Louisiana!  Very clever!  I couldn't let Our Houston Ship Channel go un-represented!  So, our mermaid represents our cowboy industrial spirit.  She was a fun one to do.  I'm especially proud of the bandana designs on her tail and bra.  I also love my two container ships.  There is nothing romantic about them at all!

Just a little side note: The seagulls are there to remind me to throw the bread out further when riding the bolivar ferry.  I once got poop in my face feeding the gulls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page