Living in the Wreckage

After my house fire in March of 2014, I started carving a series of mermaid prints.  The first one I made was "living in the wreckage".  I had just lost everything, I had no art supplies, no art work.  My marriage had been dead for some time and I was in the process of putting the last nail into the coffin.  I had had five major surgeries in the last three years.  My life was a wreck.  I was so grateful to be alive but I was numb to life.  With no art supplies I purchased a little hand tool for carving and a piece of rubber block and I started making prints of mermaids.  This piece was so special to me because it was the beginning of me "thawing out" from the cold shock of my life.
You can find this print in my (etsy)[https://www.etsy.com/listing/217669946/4x6-mermaid-block-print-living-in-the?ref=shop_home_active_5] shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page