Little Debbie wasnt always a good hostess!!

So I made this page long before there were school shootings and the image of a child holding a gun wasn't being discussed in the news.  
My niece is now 18 but when I took this picture, she was about four and very small for her age.  I was visiting my brother and as I drove up the driveway I see my nephew who is younger than my niece, running across the driveway. As I get out of the car, my niece comes around the corner, mad as can be with this BB gun.  I pull out my camera and yell "hey! get back over here!" and my niece stops and walks up with this angry face and the shotgun.  I took the picture.  It was such a disturbing image, I have used it in several pieces of art.  (let me preface that my brother has taught all of his kids to hunt and fish and they live on about 40 acres of land so they were probably hunting something, but chasing each other was not what my brother taught them to do.)

Now, for the page.  I sometimes use photography in my journal pages.  I was part of the whole beginning of scrapbooking and this is not the type of photo use I am referring to.  I actually printed this image up on a color copier, ripped the edges of the photo so that it wasn't square anymore.  I then glued the photo onto my journal page and drew on both the page and the photo so that it became part of the page visually.  I then found a box of little Debbie cup cakes, and after eating the whole box, I cut the face of the logo off of the box and glued it onto the little girls body.  The message of the page is that we don't all start out great nor do we always see the picture of what we will accomplish.  We need to give ourselves a break and know that God is working with each of us to see our full potential!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page