It's just one giant doodle

Mandalas...they are a form of meditation.  Until this one, I had never heard of one and had never attempted to make one.  At the time, five of my students and myself were part of an art supply testing survey and I needed to create a piece of art that used all of the products to see how they worked and if I liked them.  I had pencils, colored pencils, sharpies and watercolor...I think.  The journal52.com prompt said to create a mandala.  I started by making different sizes of circles like a target.  I then used pencil to make lines out from the center so that I would have a "graph" to create sections of interlocking and overlapping design.  Pick one element and repeat it in every section of your graph.  Take your time.  It does not need to be done quickly or even in one day.  Spend 10 minutes on just one element a day as a form of meditation or a "spiritual time out".  Really focus on each part as you repeat it over and over again.  It could take you a month to finish a mandala.  I LOVE how this turned out.  You can actually see the different hardness of pencil I tested.  The middle section has a lavender octopus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page