get into your "feelings"

I absolutely LOVE texture.  I like how it feels.  I like how it actually cast shadows and reflects light on the page.  This Journal52.com prompt was "texture" and I took it literally.  We use a lot of Velcro at school to hang paintings onto the pro panels.  We only use one side, so I had a lot of the fuzzy side hanging around.  I made a cut out of the rat and placed it on top of the sheet of Velcro I created.  (I think it was three rows of Velcro side by side.)  I have netting and sand paper, foam letters and some other bumpy stuff on the surface of my paper.  I then painted over the entire surface so that it was one color.  I rubbed some blue across the texture so that it would catch a little color.  I created a cut out of a hand and spray painted or "graffitied" it onto the surface of my page.  I love how you can actually pet the rat.

Our culture has become so paranoid about touching.  We are either afraid to be touched because we are hyper sensitive to what people's intentions are or we are afraid to touch others for fear of legal reprisal!!  I actually go weeks sometimes with out the touch of another human being!  I feel like that rat sometimes!  Going about my day, doing what I can to survive.  It is a shock when someone actually wants to hug me or puts their hands on my shoulder.  What is wrong with our culture!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page