Art for a cause

Several Years ago, I started following a group called Journal52.com.  The first year was run by a woman named Chelly or Shelly.  I guess it was too much to maintain and she passed it on to two other people.  When she was running it, she gave some very wonderful prompts along with some awesome new techniques.  I use these prompts in my classroom to teach mixed media processes.  I'm going to start by showing you one of her prompts called Art for a Cause.  It was just after my house fire and weirdly enough, I found a piece of charred siding that was in the shape of a house.  I used candy wrappers to create the flames and then painted a little fireman putting out the fire.
. I then downloaded the logo for the fire department and put it under my page.

Just a little note about candy wrappers.  I only use foils.  Most often the foils come from Gum and Chocolate.  Some colors are easier to find than others.  "Five Gum" always has blues and greens and a few pinks and reds.  I have found that purple foils can be found around Valentines day and Easter.  and reds, yellows and oranges around Halloween.  That means that I have to eat chocolate when the chocolate is available in the colors I need later!!!  I love art!!  lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page