pick a color

For this journal52.com challenge, we had to pick three colors and do a page.  I chose to do a collage using orange and blue because they are complimentary colors and I added purple.  I love going into the various paint departments and collecting their samples and their adds because they have images that are in the great colors you want to work with.  I also found the inside of a gum box had some great designs in blue.  I markered over a playing card with purple.  I got lucky and had a blue stamp.

I can draw but sometimes I get lazy and I just want to get the work done, so for this piece, I found an image and printed it in black and white.  I then traced around each tone change and that became a shape in her face to create the different colors of orange.  divide your images into three tones; light, medium, and dark. put the dark tones in the shadows, middle tones everywhere and light tones for high lights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page