It's OK to put it all in there!

I constantly come across great images.  illustrations in old books that the librarian discards, glamor magazines, newspapers and even those local magazines that have adds will have clever images that are great for telling your story.  For this page, I had one of my "sink paintings".  I also had a giant pair of lips from a lipstick ad.  the librarian threw away books on different Victorian era writers that had some great illustrations of Death, cemeteries and ghost.  It was natural to just paint a Dia de los Muertos skull in the middle of it all.  I have a plastic drawer system that I keep images in as I find them.  Most of the time, I will go ahead and fussy cut them so that I can assemble the page beautifully. There is no way to just sit down and create a page by looking in magazines when you want something.  you have to think ahead and collect images and items that speak to you.  Then, the page pretty much creates itself from what you have.  I tell my students all of the time that when you put two things together...you make a third thing.  That means that a page will sometimes say more than you intend it to because the viewer comes to it with their own set of baggage.

I managed to find lip shaped paper clips for this page!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page