its not just a pet rock

for some time now, it has been the craze to paint rocks and leave them around the community.  I had my art club paint some and we had a lot of fun.  It wasn't until I actually found a rock on the ledge of a burger shop window that I really understood how wonderful this practice is.  Its thrilling to think that someone took time to create a small token of love and just leave it out there for someone else to find.  I found one that told me to post it onto a group's facebook page so that the artist would know it was found.  I had to join the group but it was completely worth it!  since then, I have started leaving rocks all around their town...yes, they are one town over from mine.  I'm ok with that.  I also plan to start a page for my town!  the rocks that have been "planted" are not always great works of art.  some use stickers and a lot just paint words of encouragement.  I say, do your best and you will always make someone's day brighter.  almost every time someone post that they have found a rock, they found it when they needed it or it made their day!  The two groups I am in are Friendswood Rocks Facebook and Brazoria County Rocks Facebook.  I get rocks from Walmart.  they have Mexican river rocks in the garden center.  I have also gone a little bigger and I go to my local gardening/ landscape company and buy the bigger potato size rocks by the pound.  I get about 12 for $10.  I like to paint creepy human faces on these! lol





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page