build a love letter!

This journal52.com prompt had a couple of techniques going on.  The first was taking an old brown paper bag, wadding it up into a tiny ball, un wadding it and then brushing paint across the surface.  (in this case it was gold paint).  I took a paper towel and dipped it into the paint and then lightly brushed it across the surface of the wrinkles.  I then cut the paper to the size of my journal.  if I had cut it before wadding it up, it would have been smaller than the needed size due to shrinkage.  I really like the look of the back ground.  
The next technique involved writing on decorative papers with various pens, pencils and markers.  I wrote random quotes and feelings about love.  I then ripped them up.  (The papers you see here are ones that I created using watercolor, acrylic paint...left overs from demos that I do in my class.)  I then took a large needle and punched holes around all of the edges of the papers. Next I glued the papers down.  I cut out the heart.  Pick a thread that you like and stitch in the holes created by the needle.  The stem of the heart was a crazy fluffy piece of yarn.

One of my students saw this page and asked me to teach him how to create a valentine for his girl friend.  He created two hearts, sewed them together and then stuffed it with chocolates.  What a boyfriend!! lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page