Beauty from Trash

I've always been intrigued by the things that people throw away.  For years, I've stooped over and picked up random colored objects and put them into my art.  For this page, I put a box on the corner of my desk and had my students put all of their gum and candy foils into the box.  After about a month, I had so many beautiful shiny foils.  I tore them so that you could still see some of the page between the pieces and so that they would look more random.  I used tacky glue so that none of the pieces would come off later. ( A little tip; use an old gift card to spread your glue.  The glue cleans off of the card easily when dry and leaves a very thin layer of glue that will make anything stick completely.)  After the page was dry, I used a sharpie to doodle all over the page.  I believe this one is the only page that does not have any words or journaling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page