Visual Noise

"Visual Noise" is having interesting non related stuff in the back ground that creates an environment for your journal page.  Washi tapes, library cards, old stamps, playing cards and so much more can add interest to the background.  the key is to lightly paint over it so that it "peeks" thru but doesn't take over.  A lot of the envelopes that come to my house have bits and pieces of Washi tape. (washi tape is decorative tape that you can find in crafts stores.  I also have started making my own washi with hand carved stamps...more on that later.)  as the mail comes in, I layer it in.  one of my envelopes had Elvis stamps.  My mom loves Elvis, so I made him as little ghosts peeking thru the branches. Then, I found a great beer that had a label that said "angry orchard."  it inspired the whole page.  why is the orchard angry? could it be the crazy pumpkin headed horseman wielding a sword?  Is the horseman cutting off branches?  why!  Even the moon is pissed off!  I used tissue paper to create the two trees.
They add texture to the page.  you can put any imagery together to create a story,  the paperclip in this one is a speech bubble...the moon is speechless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page