using images from the internet to create "pop Ups" in your journal

Sometimes simple imagery like a closet looses its impact if you try to draw or paint it yourself.  for this page, I wanted a closet for my monsters to hide in.  I looked for closet adds online (the inside of the closet and the outside).  I color copied them onto cardstock so they would withstand all of the open and closing interaction.  I then reassembled my closet onto the page after I painted the bedroom.  This page has a dark undertone.  there are monsters under the bed and in the closet.  I even have a monster tag for a monster who is afraid to scare people.  the monsters under the bed were made by putting my thumbprint onto book pages and gluing
them into the book. you'll notice that the monsters are afraid of what is about to come into the bedroom of the little child from the world of adults.  those monsters are even scarier!

I've been really lucky with this book.  I have found some really great paperclips that have fit with the theme of each page.  there is a black bike on the left side of the page that is a great paperclip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page