It took two years but i finally finished my first altered book journal!

At one time, my local dollar store carried hard bound novels.  the one I chose for my altered book journal was called "the cryptos conundrum".  it just sounded right and the book itself was the perfect size for altering.  I checked to make sure that it was sewn together and not glued.  I kept the first pages all the way up to the table of contents and then I glued the first three pages together!  I tore out six and glued three more.  this became the first installment of my book.  because so many things will be added to the book, I needed to remove at least two thirds of the pages.  this will help my book lay correctly on the table and will also keep the binding from bursting.  At the time, I was part a group on swap-bot.com that exchanged full envelopes with images on a given theme.  my first page was about birds....not terribly exciting but it got me started!!!  the group on swap-bot is called "altered book envelopes"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page