Finding images in happenstance

I'm fascinated with techniques using mixed media and I love to alter old books to create a "reading" experience that is interactive for the viewer.  You can say anything with images.
this is what I like to call a "sink painting" .  when my students leave paint in the sink, I like to capture it by laying a piece of drawing paper into the bottom of the sink.  sometimes I get lucky.  the white space is where the drain was.  I added the running woman and the orbs.  I also sharpied the area around the perimeter to create the outer space look.  This one is called "Girl Power!"  This page was easy because I simply folded it in half and glued it into my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page