Finding images in happenstance

I'm fascinated with techniques using mixed media and I love to alter old books to create a "reading" experience that is interactive for the viewer.  You can say anything with images.
this is what I like to call a "sink painting" .  when my students leave paint in the sink, I like to capture it by laying a piece of drawing paper into the bottom of the sink.  sometimes I get lucky.  the white space is where the drain was.  I added the running woman and the orbs.  I also sharpied the area around the perimeter to create the outer space look.  This one is called "Girl Power!"  This page was easy because I simply folded it in half and glued it into my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She guarded it as if her life depended on it.

Alphabet soup!

It's OK to put it all in there!