under the sea

The prompt was "under the sea" so I chose to do watercolor on drawing paper.  This caused it to look rumpled.  I've always been fascinated with octopi and mermaids.  I must have been channeling my inner Picasso because her eyes are all wonky.  This should be a lesson to everyone; Draw, Journal with image no matter how great your drawing skills are.  Express yourself visually.  You can only get better and all the foibles just reiterate that your are flawed and so scrumptiously HUMAN!

BTW, there are no "right" colors!  notice that her hair is whatever color my brush grabbed up while painting!

Comments

  1. I love that you are really into your art this summer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life Guard

what is your favorite food?

create some texture on your page